- Makes: 8-10 Servings
- Ready In: 22 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12-17 mins
Goes perfectly on a salad or in a creamy tomato soup.
Cook’s Notes: You don’t have to use country bread for the croutons. Use any 2- to 3-day-old bread you have in the pantry. Remember, waste not, want not.
- Calories: 74
- Fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 209mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 to 3 heels country bread, lightly toasted and cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the bread cubes and cook, stirring, until golden, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- The croutons can be made ahead, cooled completely, and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.