- Makes: 6-8 Servings
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
If you like mushrooms, add a sour cream mixture and a layer of cheese. You are going to be in food heaven.
The trick to getting the most flavor from your mushrooms is to cook them over HIGH heat. You almost want to think of your meaty mushrooms as a nice, juicy steak…put them in a very hot pan, and don’t touch them for at least a few minutes, and preferably after they’ve released all their moisture and it’s evaporated. You want to get a nice, golden color to them before flipping them – that’s how you’ll build the most flavor.
This is a great mushroom recipe that even kids will eat. The leftovers heat up very nicely and taste just as good as when they’re fresh out of the oven. Enjoy!
- Calories: 169
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 5g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 4g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 4 tablespoons butter
2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced thick (I use cremini)
2/3 cup sour cream
1 – 2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup shredded cheese (swiss works great here, although I usually use a mexican blend that works fine)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Put mushrooms in a very hot pan, cooking until they’re good and browned.
- Mix together the sour cream and flour. Add a little salt and pepper, too.
- Add to the mushrooms in the pan. Cook it for about a minute or so.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking pan (I use an 11×7). Top with cheese and parsley.
- Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes, then enjoy!