- Makes: 2 Servings
- Ready In: 41 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 31-39 mins
Love the combination of flavors and textures in this dish… the tomatoes and caramelized onions are sweet while the feta is a bit salty and they taste terrific over chicken. Topping the whole dish off with a bit of balsamic vinegar completes it perfectly. This healthy and delicious recipe is sure to be a big hit with your entire family.
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 21g
- Sodium: 232mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of red grape tomatoes
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
Garlic powder, to taste
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2-3 tbsp of feta cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and a bit of salt then saute until golden brown and caramelized - about 15-20 minutes.
- Season the chicken breasts with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and garlic powder, to taste.
- In large grill pan, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Make sure pan is nice and hot before adding the chicken.
- Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes before turning over.
- Cook for additional 3-4 minutes to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from heat to a serving platter.
- Make sure to let the chicken rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing so it stays nice and juicy.
- Slice into thin strips at an angle once it has rested.
- In the same skillet as the onions, add the grape tomatoes then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add minced garlic, stirring frequently for 60 seconds.
- Pour the tomatoes and onions on top of the sliced chicken, drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Top with feta cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy!