- Makes: 4 dozen (24 Servings)
- Ready In: 23 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8-10 mins
A wonderful holiday cookie recipe — makes us parents think back to OUR childhood!
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 12g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
3 beaten eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
4 squares (4 ounces) unsweetened chocolate, melted
½ cup cooking oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
Sifted powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl combine beaten eggs, sugar, melted chocolate, cooking oil, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture, stirring till thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or till easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar to coat generously.
- Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till edges are set and tops are crackled.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.