- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 38 mins
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 18-20 mins
This well-balanced vegetarian salad is refreshing, colorful, and (most important) beautiful.
- Calories: 558
- Fat: 36g
- Protein: 25g
- Sodium: 522mg
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 10g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 4 ounces soba noodles, cooked
1 pound firm tofu, cut in cubes, marinated and fried
2 cups shelled edamame
1 -2 cups shredded cabbage
2 carrots, grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, pressed
5 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons mirin (or sake)
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 teaspoons chili sauce (Thai )
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons hot pepper sesame oil
¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- Prepare salad ingredient:
- Cook soba noodles in boiling water 7-8 minutes and drain.
- Fry tofu (see Fried Tofu video).
- Blanch edamame 3 minutes then salt.
- Cut vegetables per directions.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients except oils in a small bowl. Drizzle olive oil and sesame oil in slowly and whisk well to incorporate.
- Dress cooked soba noodles with 2 tablespoons of the dressing while still warm.
- Arrange noodles, tofu, edamame, carrots and cabbage in separate piles on a large serving platter. Garnish noodles with the sesame seeds. Put dressing in a small pitcher. Let diners arrange foods on their plates to their preference and dress individually.
Copyright© C. Lair, 2009