- Makes: 1 dozen (6 Servings)
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10-12 mins
This is an easy and different cheesy, noshy “cracker” that will make your guests think you are the most amazing host who does everything, like even make your own crackers, just because. Or maybe you want to garnish your scrumptious farmer’s market salad (or Caesar), with one or two of these crispy little buggers… The hardest part of this is making sure you don’t burn the cheese. Seriously, as soon as you see the cheese start to bubble and brown, you are seconds from the end and you really don’t want to burn beautiful, (expensive), Parmesan!
- Calories: 99
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 9g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- About 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese (Get the real deal, with the waxy rind stamped "Parmesan", it's pricey, but worth every penny).
About 1 TBLS flour
Freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine cheese with flour and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Take a small handful of cheese and lay down on baking sheet.
- Flatten the pile, but make sure all the cheese is still overlapping.
- The circles should be about 2-3 inches in diameter. About 6 per baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, keeping your eyes on the cheese. Once you see it bubbling and turning golden, you are getting very close. Watch closely for another minute or two. It's done when it looks crispy, just past the point of looking bendy and rubbery.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- They store nicely for a few days in an air-tight container.