- Makes: 1/2 cup (8 Servings)
- Ready In: 5 mins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time:
Good-quality balsamic vinegar and walnut oil make all the difference in this dressing. If you can find a roasted walnut oil, its intensely nutty flavor will not be overpowered by the rich balsamic vinegar. This vinaigrette is delicious paired with Heirloom Lettuce Salad with Strawberries, Walnuts, and Goat Cheese, but it’s also light enough to dress delicate baby spinach, mâche, or baby greens.
Makes 1/2 cup
- Calories: 78
- Protein: g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons toasted walnut oil
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, and both oils in a glass jar and seal the lid tightly.
- Shake the jar vigorously to combine.
- Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Serve at once or make ahead. This vinaigrette can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 month. Let it return to room temperature and shake vigorously before using.