- Makes: 6-8 Servings
- Ready In: 32 mins
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Cook Time: 17-20 mins
The easy meal that looks fancy. Warm their tummies with this yummy one dish meal. Pair with a salad and you are set to go.
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 524mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut ¾ inch thick
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ pound small mushrooms, quartered
1 medium onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ cup water
1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy
1 package (10) oz frozen peas and carrots
¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 small can (4 ½ oz) refrigerated organic buttermilk flavor biscuits
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim fat from steak.
- Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into ¼ inch thick strips.
- In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef (half at a time) and stir fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms, onion, garlic and water.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in gravy, vegetable and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Stir in reserved beef.
- Cut biscuits in half; arrange in a ring on top of beef mixture.
- Bake in 400 degree oven 12-15 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden brown.