- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 35 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25-30 mins
You may serve this dish with an Asian-inspired salad and baked pears for dessert. Feel free to play with the recipe by adding different vegetables. Remember to cut up the noodles for any little toddler who is just getting the hang of chewing.
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 25g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 687mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 package linguine noodles
4 tablespoons safflower oil
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
Juice of 11⁄2 limes
5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon liquid amino acids (such as
Bragg Liquid Aminos)
3 tablespoons agave nectar
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons chili sauce
1 teaspoon wheat germ
2 pinches ground red pepper
1⁄2 cup fresh snap peas
1⁄2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
2 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions. Drain and pour the noodles into a serving dish. Set aside.
- Combine the safflower oil, vinegar, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, amino acids, agave, sesame oil, chili sauce, wheat germ, and red pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the snap peas and broccoli.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce and vegetables over the prepared noodles. Mix well.
- Top the dish with the scallions, sesame seeds, and cilantro. Garnish with an additional lime wedge, if desired.
- Serve warm with a side of mandarin oranges and a refreshing mint herbal tea.