- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 35 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Raw cashews and arrowroot combine to create a creamy non-dairy soup that’s perfect for anyone avoiding dairy and anyone looking for a lower-calorie alternative to a true cream of broccoli soup.
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 13g
- Sodium: 504mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 8g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 large carrot, sliced
3 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
3 cups water
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 tablespoon arrowroot
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
1 tablespoon miso
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place onion, garlic, celery, carrot, broccoli, and water in soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove 8 to 10 small broccoli florets and set aside.
- Place cashews in blender. Grind to powder.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender along with half of the cooked vegetable/water mixture.
- Puree until smooth and pour into a pot.
- Puree remaining vegetables and water, and add it to soup in the pot.
- Stir in reserved florets.
- Reheat if necessary, but do not boil because it will destroy the beneficial enzymes in the miso.