- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Calories: 335
- Protein: 11
- Fat: 25
- Sodium: 366
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 9
- Sugar: 7
For Spiced Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp: unsalted butter
- 1 Cup: walnut pieces
- 2 Tbsp: brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp: ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp: ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp: salt
For Balsamic Dressing
- 2-1/4 Tbsp: balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tsp: agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 tsp: salt
- 1/2 tsp: freshly ground pepper
- 4-1/2 Tbsp: extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz: soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tsp: finely chopped candied ginger
- 5 to 6 oz: baby arugula or mixed baby greens
- 3 heads: Belgian endive, finely sliced
- 1 small head: radicchio, finely sliced
- 2 small firm: Fuyu persimmons, finely sliced
- 1 Cup: pomegranate seeds
To make Balsamic Dressing
- In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, agave nectar or honey, salt, and pepper until well blended.
To make Spiced Walnuts
- Whisk in the olive oil until mixture has emulsified.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar, spices, and salt and stir for 1 more minute.
- Transfer the walnuts to the baking sheet, making sure the nuts are separated. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
To make Salad
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese and candied ginger.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- To assemble the salad, place the arugula or baby greens, endive, radicchio, persimmon pieces and pomegranate seeds in a medium bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the top and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Place the salad on individual plates and crumble the goat cheese and ginger evenly over each.
- Top with spiced walnuts.