- Makes: 2 Servings
- Ready In: 14 mins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 9-14 mins
From the home of the Greene’s, this scrumptious oatmeal recipe is sure to delight your kids.
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 16g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 16g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 sweet apple, cut in quarters, de-seeded and sliced (any variety other than Red Delicious)
1 teaspoon walnut oil (or other high-quality vegetable oil)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1 cup steel-cut oats
2 cups water
3/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, sauté the apples in oil until caramelized (toasty brown on one side)—this will bring out their natural sweetness.
- Remove from heat, toss with ¼ teaspoon of the cinnamon, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the oats, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and water or milk and cook over medium-low heat until the liquid has been absorbed and oatmeal is done to your taste, about 5 to 10 minutes (or follow package directions).
- Stir in the raisins and the apples. Spoon into four bowls, sprinkle seeds on top, and serve.