- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 27 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
Cook fresh cherries in preserves and frambroise and drizzle it over a quick chocolate mousse for a delicious dessert. The cherries keep for several weeks and are wonderful over ice cream, whipped cream, or eaten by the spoonful.
- Calories: 533
- Fat: 41g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 40mg
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 19g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
8 ounces fresh cherries, pitted
1/3 cup cherry preserves
1/3 cup frambroise
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place cherries, preserves and frambroise in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and let mixture boil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until juices thicken.
- Remove from heat and chill until cold. (Can be made up to two weeks ahead)
- Pour 1/2 cup cream in a small saucepan.
- Place pan over medium heat and bring cream to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat and add chocolate.
- Let mixture sit for 2 minutes and then whisk until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup cream and almond extract in the bowl of a standing mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/2 of the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Divide mousse into 4 bowls, cover, and chill until set, about 3 hours.
To Serve: Remove mousse from refrigerator and spoon cherries with syrup over mousse. Serve immediately.