- Makes: 2 Servings
- Ready In: 4 mins
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Calories: 396
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 26g
- Sodium: 780mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Cholesterol: 218mg
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 tortillas (I use whole wheat or spelt)
1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese (or you can use cheddar, monterey jack, or mozzarella)
1 teaspoon oil
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl for 30 seconds until combined.
- Place 1 tsp of oil in a 9 inch pan over medium heat, coating the bottom of the pan (make sure to use a pan that is at least slightly larger than your tortilla).
- Pour in the whisked eggs, tilting the pan to spread it evenly across.
- Let the omelette cook for 30 seconds then gently use your spatula to go along the edges of the omelette, lifting them away from the pan to loosen.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese on top of the omelette, place one tortilla on top of the egg and cheese and flip it onto a plate (you can watch how I do this here).
- Slide the omelette, tortilla side-down, back into the pan, sprinkle another 2 tbsp of cheese on top of the egg and place another tortilla on top to cover.
- Continue to cook the quesadilla for 1 minute, pressing down lightly with a spatula to help melt the cheese, then flip the quesadilla to cook the other side for an additional 30 seconds or until cheese melts and tortilla is golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve.