- Makes: 2 Servings
- Ready In: 6 mins
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins
There is a big stalk running down the middle of kale that isn’t very tasty. It’s edible, but it’s too tough to enjoy. Just strip the kale from the stalk! This dish is best served under a dippy fried egg. You may want to start with 1/16 tsp sea salt and work up to 1/8 tsp, if you’re up for it. There are four oil options below.The flavor of the oil definitely changes the flavor of the dish so you might like to rotate through them till you find your favorite. This breakfast is simple, but addictive like potato chips.
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Fiber: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, butter, ghee or coconut oil
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups roughly chopped kale
1/16 - 1/8 tsp sea salt
1/16 - 1/8 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, warm oil and red pepper flakes until oil is glistening.
- Add kale, sea salt and pepper.
- Turn with tongs until all of the kale turns bright green and shiny. If any dull pieces remain, keep turning. It will take approx 3 minutes.
- Serve under a dippy egg and enjoy!