- Makes: 1 (10 Servings)
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
This bread is so moist and flavorful, you would never believe it was gluten free.
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 20g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 Cups gluten free flour blend
1 tsp xanthan gum, (unless flour blend contains it – then you can omit)
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup buttermilk (or for Dairy-Free version: use 1 Cup Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt mixed with 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar – let sit for 5 minutes to “sour” before using)
1/3 Cup canola oil, (or coconut oil - measured in liquid form, not solid)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs (or for Egg-Free version: use 3 tsp Ener G Egg Replacer + 4 Tbsp water or rice milk and whisk together until foamy)
1/2 Cup blueberries, (frozen or fresh - dust lightly with 1/2 tsp gf flour)
2 Tbsp gluten free flour blend-for streusel topping
2 Tbsp butter, softened-for streusel topping (or for Dairy Free version: use 2 Tbsp coconut oil OR Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks)
2 Tbsp brown sugar - for streusel topping
In mixing bowl, beat eggs (or Ener G Egg replacer with milk or water) until very foamy and fluffy (will help prevent a flat loaf) then add in oil and buttermilk (or Dairy Free substitute).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a medium loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum (if using), baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Prepare streusel topping: Mix together flour, butter, and sugar.
- Sprinkle over the top of the batter, then place into oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for a few minutes, then run knife around edges of pan and remove bread. Place on rack and let cool completely before slicing.