- Makes: 8 Servings
- Ready In: 33 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
You can produce your own delicious, organic baked goods. Fresh ingredients, a little prep work, and some patience can enrich your day. These blueberry-cornmeal scones are subtly sweet, with a good crunch on the outside, and bright bursts of blueberry throughout.
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 16g
- Protein: 5g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 5g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F and adjust rack to middle position.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add cream, honey, and blueberries and stir until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and quickly pat the dough into a 8-inch round.
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges. Place the wedges on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes until light brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Print or email this post: