- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
The flavor of tomatoes in traditional gazpacho are accented nicely accented by beans and chipotle hot sauce.
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 9g
- Sodium: 683mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 9g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
1 clove garlic
2 pounds fresh tomatoes
2 cups cooked kidney beans, drained
1 green pepper
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel garlic.
- Set up your food processor with the cutting blade or use a blender. Turn the machine on and drop in garlic while the blade is turning. Turn the machine off after garlic is minced, in just a second or two.
- Decide if you want smooth soup or if you want to reserve some chopped vegetables and beans for garnish. If you choose to garnish dice and set aside about a quarter cup each of the tomatoes, onions, and green pepper in the following step. Also set aside a quarter cup of beans.
- Cut stem and any bad spots from tomatoes. Cut into quarters and add to machine. Add beans.
- Peel onion and put 1/4 into machine, reserving rest for another use.
- Rinse pepper, remove stem end and seeds. Cut into about 8 pieces and add to machine.
- Add remaining ingredients except any garnish.
- Process ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- For best taste, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- To serve, top with garnish if desired.
- Refrigerate for up to four days if not serving right away.