- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 5g
- Sodium: 897mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 4g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4-5 cloves garlic, minced (not too small)
½ teaspoon red chili flakes
25-28 oz. canned or jarred Italian tomatoes, preferably organic
Dash of salt
1 lb. of pasta
1/3 cup fresh basil, Italian parsley, or a combo of the two, chopped
Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté garlic and chili flakes in the extra virgin olive oil. DO NOT let the garlic get brown.
- Add tomatoes and a pinch of salt, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta (DO NOT rinse) and toss with sauce. Add parsley and basil and finish with Parmesan cheese.