- Makes: 12 Servings
- Ready In: 45 mins
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Nothing’s more fun than baking with the family on the weekend. Get together, and make these delicious and healthy treats to go with a brunch, or to have as snacks anytime!
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup canola oil or light olive oil
1 1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup raisins, regular or golden
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, orange juice concentrate, egg and oil.
- Stir in bran flakes.
- Let sit about 15 minutes to soften cereal.
- In separate bowl, combine flour with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to cereal mixture and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in raisins and pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool 5 minutes in tin.