- Makes: 3 dozen (18 Servings)
- Ready In: 30 mins
- Prep Time: 14 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
These moist cookies contain no sweeteners, butter, eggs, or wheat. This means it’s a cookie dough you can snack on! Note: these cookies contain oats which may be contaminated with gluten
or otherwise cause probems for those who have gluten sensitivity. To learn morn about what gluten-free means, read Dr. Greene’s article here.
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 59mg
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
1/4 cup safflower oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil baking sheet.
- Grind oats and almonds to a coarse powder in food pro-cessor or blender. Pour them into a large mixing bowl. Stir in baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In separate bowl or in food processor, beat together bananas, oil, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add banana mixture and raisins to oat mixture. Mix well.
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 16 minutes, or until bot-toms are golden brown.
Variation: For older children, replace the raisins with chocolate chips if desired.