- Makes: 20 Servings
- Ready In: 60 mins
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
This cake is very moist and flavorful – perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert. Both of my kids gave this cake a double thumbs up.
- Calories: 312
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 107mg
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 32g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup of white sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup of buttermilk
8 tbsp white sugar 1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
4 tbsp unsalted butter, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a large 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, then add the bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flours, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed banana mixture.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan.
- Combine all streusel ingredients except for the pecans in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Add the pecans and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping on top of the cake batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If you use an 8x8 pan, you will need to bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy.