- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
This is a tasty and quick way to use fresh vegetables from our gardens and farmer’s market.
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 223g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 6 zucchini, about 6 inches long and 1 inch diameter
3 medium tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
2 medium white onions, peeled and cut into 12 thin slices
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons each chopped basil, oregano, thyme
3 garlic cloves, pealed and minced
Salt and pepper
- Holding each zucchini firmly by the stem end, cut lengthwise into thirds starting 1/2 inch from the stem. Fan the 3 sections, being careful not to break the stem.
- Place each one on a separate piece of 6 x 9 inch aluminum foil. Keeping the fan shape, insert 2 slices each of tomato and onion between the sections of each zucchini.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, herbs, and garlic. Brush the fans with the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each zucchini fan tightly and place on the side of a hot grill for 10 minutes.
- After grilling or baking, crumble feta or goat cheese on top of the fans before serving.
Variations: Yellow summer squash can be prepared in the same way. Instead of grilling, place the wrapped squash on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 400 degree F oven.