- Makes: 6-8 Servings
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 20-30 mins
Think your kiddo won’t eat kale? Think again. Like kale chips, these are surprisingly popular, even with the younger set.
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 16g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Olive or canola oil, for greasing pan
12 large kale Leaves
1 dozen eggs
Grated Parmesan, to taste (optional)
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin tin and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Wash and trim kale; steam until bright green and just tender. (This can be done ahead of time, even if you decide to bake the egg cups immediately before serving.)
- Line cups of prepped muffin tin with leaves of steamed kale making sure to cover as much of the muffin well as possible. Leave a little bit of kale sticking up and out of the well of the muffin tin. You’ll need about 1 large leaf per cup; it’s okay to layer smaller leaves in one cup.
- Crack one egg into each well of the muffin tin, covering kale. Sprinkle eggs with Parmesan, salt and pepper. Bake for 17-25 minutes, until the egg yolk is as set as you want it.
- Remove muffin tray from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully popping out the egg “cups.”
Print or email this post: