- Makes: 2-3 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
What says comfort like a warm apple with cinnamon and nutmeg? This scrumptious treat will please the kids — without the sugar of traditional desserts. Great to get your kids hooked on!
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Sodium: 182mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 to 3 large firm apples [Rome and granny smith apples hold shape well]
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup crushed or silvered
almonds or walnuts
1 cup raisins, soaked in hot water until plump
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use an apple corer to remove the stem and seeds of the apples.
- Place in a nonstick pan that has been coated with butter-flavored nonstick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into center of apples.
- Bake in 350 oven until apples are tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve with vanilla yogurt or fresh raspberry puree.