- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
The combination of asparagus and roasted garlic blends well with ham. This is a quick and easy recipe which uses fresh asparagus. We can feel good about occasionally treating ourselves by using smoked meat as a flavoring instead of a main ingredient.
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 28g
- Sodium: 475mg
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 19g
- Sugar: 15g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 3 dozen asparagus stalks, scales and woody ends trimmed
1/4 pound pine nuts
8 ounces ham, coarsely chopped
1 head of garlic, roasted, pulp extracted and reserved
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a simmer.
- Blanch the asparagus for 3 to 5 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and set aside.
- In a small pan, heat the pine nuts until lightly toasted.
- Add the ham and toss until the ham is warmed through.
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter and sprinkle with the ham and nut mixture.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the garlic pulp and lemon juice. Slowly add the olive oil, stirring until well mixed. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the asparagus and serve.