- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Take your family across the world with the fresh and tasty flavors from Asia — yet with a mix of “familiar” flavors for those less adventurous kids. A family favorite!
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 329mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut in 1/2-inch pieces 2-3 scallions, finely chopped 1 medium red onion, finely chopped (1 cup) 1 cup fresh bean sprouts 1 1/2 cups peeled, cooked shrimp, cut in 1/2- inch pieces (about one-third pound) 1/4 tsp. roasted sesame oil 5 large eggs 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper 1 Tbsp. corn starch 1 Tbsp. cold water 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce 1 tsp. rice vinegar 1 small garlic clove, minced 1/2 tsp. grated or minced ginger 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Combine broccoli, scallions, onion, bean sprouts, shrimp, sesame oil and pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and flour in another bowl until lumps are almost gone, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over the vegetable mixture, mixing well with a fork. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch into water to dissolve and place near the stove.
- In a small pan, bring soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar and broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Re-stir cornstarch mixture and whisk in until mixture is thick and clear, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Coat a large, oven-proof, non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat.
- Re-stir egg-vegetable mixture and pour in, smoothing it into an even layer.
- When eggs are set and the bottom is browned, about 4 minutes, place the pan under the broiler until the top is browned and the center almost dry, about 2 minutes.
- Loosen the frittata with a metal spatula. Slide it onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve with warm sauce.