- Makes: 1 loaf (10 Servings)
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
Fresh chopped apples, lemon peel, chopped walnuts, and spices fill this dessert bread with healthy nutrient, but be warned — Don’t bake this with anyone else in the house unless you want it to be devoured as soon as it comes out of the oven!
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 275mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
1 ½ Cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup finely chopped peeled apple
¼ cup oil
¼ teaspoon lemon peel
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- In another mixing bowl combine sugar, apples, oil, egg and lemon peel; mix well.
- Add flour mixture; stir just till combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 8X4X2 inch loaf pan./li>
- Bake in a 350 oven for 55 to 60 mins or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 mins. on a wire rack.
- Remove bread from the pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- Makes 1 loaf.