With shredded cheese and chopped peppers on hand in the fridge, it’s easy to throw together these individual size, wholesome pita pepper pizzas whenever hunger hits.
Pita Pepper Pizzas Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 small whole wheat pitas
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers, assorted colors
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
- Calories: 237
- Protein: 15
- Fat: 7
- Sodium: 386
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Set the pitas on a baking tray and top each with one quarter cup diced bell pepper and one third cup shredded mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of Italian herb seasoning and broil for about one minute, until the cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Cool slightly and cut in wedges.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family.