This basil green beans recipe is a new twist on a classic veggie. The great flavor of basil with the sweet taste of green beans is a must try.
Basil Green Beans Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 Tbsp. minced spring onion
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Calories: 46
- Protein: 2
- Fat: 1
- Sodium: 7
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Trim and snap green beans into thirds. (You can do this ahead of time.)
- Mince onion.
- Put water on to boil to steam beans. As soon as water boils, steam beans for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté onions until tender. in olive oil.
- Add steamed beans, basil, garlic powder and pepper.
- Toss beans with basil sauce to coat evenly and serve.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family.