This banana french toast recipe is made without eggs. You can use your favorite gluten-free bread and dairy-free milk to create a real treat for the whole family — even those who can’t have eggs, dairy or gluten.
Banana French Toast Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Breakfast
- Skill Level: Easy
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 Cup: Dairy-Free milk
- 1 1/2 tsp: cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp: pumpkin pie spice, optional
- 2 tsp: vanilla
- 6 slices of gluten free bread, any kind is fine (Note that the Allergy Status of this recipe depends on what kind of bread you use)
- 2 Tbsp: coconut oil, for pan
- Calories: 291
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 212 mg
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 15 g
- Blend bananas, milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in blender or food processor and pour mixture into pie plate or wide dish.
- Gently dip bread slices into the mix, coating both sides.
- Fry in oil in medium-hot skillet until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired, and enjoy.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family. Plus Dr. Greene's FREE Top 5 Wellness Tips For 2017.