What says comfort like a warm baked apple with cinnamon and nutmeg? This scrumptious treat will please the kids — without the sugar of traditional desserts. Great to get your kids hooked on!
Baked Apple Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 large firm apples [Rome and granny smith apples hold shape well]
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup crushed or silvered almonds or walnuts
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in hot water until plump
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3-cup honey
- Calories: 133
- Protein: 1
- Fat: 4
- Sodium: 182
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use an apple corer to remove the stem and seeds of the apples.
- Place in a nonstick pan that has been coated with butter-flavored nonstick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into center of apples.
- Bake in 350 oven until apples are tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve with vanilla yogurt or fresh raspberry puree.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family.