Layers of goodness make apples and spice and everything nice a tasty baby food the whole family will enjoy. This baby food will teach your child how to love healthy flavors from a young age — and you’ll enjoy eating this dish as a family for years to come.
Note: This recipe makes breakfast for baby and two adults :)
Apples and Spice and Everything Nice Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Baby Food
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1/8 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cups Hot Water
- 2 Teaspoons Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Fuji Apple Shredded
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Whole Oats (3/4 Cup of oats when cooked)
- Calories: 121
- Protein: 4
- Fat: 4
- Sodium: 2
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 4
- Sugar: 3
- Pour the boiling water over raisins. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain the water from the raisins and set aside.
- Grind oats in blender. Set aside.
- Toast the sunflower and sesame seeds in a dry pan.
- Add the apples to the seeds and sauté until soft – about 3 minutes over medium heat – stirring constantly. Blend this mixture to a puree.
- Stir the water from the raisins into the oat powder.
- Stir in apple mixture and cinnamon.
- Puree raisins in a blender.
- Serve the warm apple, oat, cinnamon mixture on the bottom topped with the raisin puree on top.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family. Plus Dr. Greene's FREE Top 5 Wellness Tips For 2017.