Do you find it funny that as a new mom the fashionable purse that you carried all of your goodies in has now become the sack of diapering doodads that keeps you sane for when baby erupts? From diapering tools to pacifiers, your purse really isn’t “your” purse anymore. After having my baby, I found that my fashionable purse was quickly exchanged for the diaper bag of necessities. And the words “never leave home without it” rang loud and clear anytime I stepped a foot out my front door! My mommy essentials take up the bare minimum and have whittled down to keys, cell phone, ATM card and lip gloss. The rest is all for my little bundle of joy!
What’s in your diaper bag? Anything unique you think a mom or dad should carry?
- Your diaper bag’s contents will evolve from the newborn stage ,solid feeding stage to toddler stage
- Some moms will carry much smaller bags with a few essentials during quick errands, fitting a bottle, 1-2 diapers, few wet wipes, pacifier, cell phone, keys, lip gloss
- A “nice to have” is a small size camera to capture special moments
Diaper Bag Must-Haves:
- Diaper Bag – choose one with big pockets, zippable pockets, good storage space, insulation, easy to clean, waterproof, changing pad
- Pacifier (aka binky or soothing tool) – for soothing baby if your baby uses one
- Baby Bottles & Baby Food
- Disposable Waterproof Mats – These are paper thin and you can plop a couple in your bag for easy diaper changing when you need somewhere waterproof to place baby on top on (ex. in the car). You can re-use them so they go a long way!
- 2 Cloth Diapers w/ Wet Bag
- Cloth Wipes Container w/ Spray
- Spare Clothes for Baby
- Reusable Baggies – are handy to hold soiled clothing
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Small Bottle of Hand Sanitizer
- Baby Toys
- For Mom: a little pouch with keys, hand lotion, lip gloss, small mirror/powder compact, cell phone, Advil, mints, few $$ for Starbucks in a small wallet
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family.