- Be sure to use a rack in your roasting pan so the fat drips to the bottom. Spray the rack with vegetable cooking spray.
- There is no need to baste the turkey. It will be crisper this way, and you won’t add the pan fat back to the turkey.
- Reduce the fat in your turkey and gravy by pouring reduced-fat chicken broth into the roasting pan.
- To de-fat drippings, pour in glass measuring cup, let fat rise to top, then scoop off. Purchase a Gravy Separator to make the job easier.
- Avoid canned gravy — it’s high in sodium, fat, and is not particularly tasty.
- Try having everything you want, but only half as much
- Don’t fast before parties or meals
- Supply healthy choices
- Limit your alcohol intake
- Fill up on water
- Eat your veggies (and other high fiber foods)
- Focus on family and fun
- Eat high protein rather then high sugar
- Stay Active
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family. Plus Dr. Greene's FREE Top 5 Wellness Tips For 2017.