We all know “being green” and living a sustainable life is a good thing. It helps the earth and ensures that there will be a planet for our children’s children. But, when people hear the word sustainability they think they have to make momentous changes and give up a lot – the big car, the bottled water, you get the point. Truthfully, it would be great if we could all give up these things. But, real lasting change happens slowly and over time. And, when making a big change it is great to take baby steps to start.
With this in mind, think about your daily life and pick just one thing to help you get on the path to greener living. Once you’ve tackled that, pick another. Sooner, rather than later, the sustainable life will be yours! Here are a few thought provoking, but easy, items to get you started:
- Make sure to use a reusable mug when you get coffee
- Take public transit to and from the airport whenever possible
- Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth
- Stop using plastic shopping bags
- Stop smoking
- Buy bio-bottled water if you have to have bottled water
- Buy organic produce at least every other trip to the grocery store
Make sure whatever you select is something that you do on a daily or weekly basis, this will help you see the difference in your life. This is your opportunity to help protect the planet, your community and yourself. Trust us, it’s easy to do just take it one day at a time.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family. Plus Dr. Greene's FREE Top 5 Wellness Tips For 2017.