Back-to-school signals that time of year where the hectic days of shuttling kids to and from camp, swim practice and play dates morphs into shuttling kids to and from school, soccer practice and play dates. So in the midst of this chaotic transportation schedule how do you keep your sanity and stay on top of managing an active household?
It’s as easy as 1-2-3. No really, if I can do it ANYONE can. You just need to remember to leverage those small bits of time in-between all we do for our kids. Here is how to utilize that 10, 30 or 60 minutes you may find yourself alone and free to do whatever you wish.
10 Minutes – Now What?
- Make a Grocery List
- Wrap/Bag Recyclables
- Clean Out Your Handbag/Wallet
- Flip through 1 Magazine and pull out articles to read later (Recycle Magazine)
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while. (It may just brighten both of your days)
30 Minutes – I’m Free Too….
- Organize your makeup drawer/shelf/bin & dispose of old cosmetics (believe it or not they can actually harbor bacteria!)
- Quick review and deletion of old emails, file others in appropriate folders
- Clean out the refrigerator and/or freezer
- Sort through toys in one room
- Write 2 letters to people you care about & address the envelopes so you are sure to send. (Because who doesn’t love getting mail that isn’t a bill!)
60 Minutes – All To Myself!
- Sort through clothing closet and pull out items to repair, clean or donate
- Back up computer files
- Pick one home closet to straighten (pantry, linen, back hall, etc.)
- Clean out that pesky junk drawer
- Actually READ the articles you pulled out when you had 10 minutes to yourself
- TAKE A NAP!
Now someone go set the timer and wake me up when the bell goes off! I have 60 minutes to spare and I plan on using every one of them!
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family. Plus Dr. Greene's FREE Top 5 Wellness Tips For 2017.