Say goodbye to wasteful bag lunches, plastic water bottles, unhealthy fundraisers, and unhealthy cleaning chemicals that make people sick! There is so much we can do to make our schools and our planet more green and healthy.
greenschools knows schools and communities can be extremely successful implementing sustainable practices. A few things to keep in mind:
- Your school’s Recycling Program — If there isn’t one, it’s time to put that in place. If you have a program, come up with a plan to reduce even more.
- Your school’s Cleaning Program — Be sure safer products are in place and don’t forget to reduce the amount of paper products being used.
- Your school’s Cafeteria Program – Of course the food should be healthy and work to reduce as much waste as possible. Also, try to buy products that are biodegradable.
- Does your school have an Outdoor Classroom or Community Garden? — Beautify, get inspired, and use resources that are readily available in your community.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! — That goes for energy, water, materials, etc.
- Use caution with Fundraisers — Many fundraiser waste paper, water, resources, and are completely unhealthy for your children and to all who participate. For great fundraising resources, contact greenschools. We partner or consult with green companies that can help.
Please contact me, Robin Organ, Executive Director of greenschools, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Together, we can make The Green Difference!
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family.