What makes Kindergarten activities even more fun is that many participants have a healthy dose of imagination which elevates simple play into a whole new world. Toilet paper rolls become rocket ships and ice cubes are frozen castles.
10 Awesome Activities for Kindergartners
Here are some of my favorite Kindergarten-age activities. There is a bit of learning snuck in with some of these, but they won’t notice! Each starts with a variation of something familiar like a family board game or a school building, but where you take it from there is all up to you.
- Play the classic game of Othello with cookies! Quickly create a simple board for the game with a cutting board and add in cookies!
- Make your Elsa and Anna figurines a place to play by making frozen ice castles out of sand molds!
- Do you have Star Wars fans? Help them make their own R2-D2 and Chewbacca from a simple toilet paper roll!
- Play tic-tac-toe in the dark! Use glow sticks and shape them into X’s and O’x. Then, wait for the sun to go down and play!
- Get muddy! Use an old wheel barrow to make a mobile mud kitchen for fun and messy outdoor play.
- Build a cup structure by giving your kids plastic cups and seeing how tall of a structure they can build without it falling.
- Explore tides with this DIY pool science experiment. Discover what happens during low tide and high tide.
- Get together and build a cardboard rocket ship. Design, measure and create a fun place to play and pretend.
- Make your own stilts with empty coffee cans and shoe-string. So much fun!
- Build a miniature school house! Just an old shoe box and a few odds and ends make a cute little place for your mini figurines to play.
What are your favorite ways to play?
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family. Plus Dr. Greene's FREE Top 5 Wellness Tips For 2017.