Introduction to exanthems: At some point in many of the classic childhood illnesses, the children break out in a rash. The timing and nature of the rash can give...
Introduction to fecal-oral transmission: As parents, we don’t want to believe that stool from other children gets into our children’s mouths—but this is a very common mode of disease...
Introduction to fomites: It is easier to catch a cold by borrowing a crayon or by turning off a faucet after washing your hands than by kissing on the...
Introduction to teething: No topic has gone through wider swings in medical opinion than teething. A little more than a century ago, teething was considered the leading cause of...
Introduction to SIDS: Everything dear to us causes pain. Becoming a parent opens up new landscapes within us: new hopes, fears, delights, and sorrows. There is no magic moment...
We’ve all heard the saying, “When mama’s happy, everyone’s happy.” Or, “Happy wife, happy life.” Well, I’m here to tell you that not only are they absolutely true, but...
Colic can be very distressing both for babies and their parents. Parents often feel their baby’s screaming is an indictment of their parenting ability: there’s something wrong with me;...
- Exanthems: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Fecal-Oral Transmission: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Fomites: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Teething: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Postpartum Depression is a Family Affair
- Tips to Reduce Colic
Featured Videos of Dr. Greene
- Rethinking the heart of health: Dr. Alan Greene at TEDxBerkeley
- Dr. Greene at TEDx Brussels
- A message for my mother
- Feeding Baby Green by Alan Greene, MD
- Dr. Greene at Purple Day
- 90 Seconds to Change the World -- TICC TOCC
- Earth Friendly Products & Healthy Child Healthy World Awards 2011
- Chemicals In Your Environment
- Plastic - What's Your Number?
- Eating Organic
Books by Dr. Alan Greene
Feeding Baby Green: The Earth Friendly Program for Healthy, Safe Nutrition During Pregnancy, Childhood and Beyond
This unique guide includes advice on how to transform a baby's eating habits that will positively impact their health & development for the rest of their lives. Dr. Greene has included everything a parent needs to know about creating healthy, nutritious meals that help avoid childhood obesity & prevent childhood disease.
In this illustrated and easy-to-use guide, noted pediatrician Dr. Alan Greene, a leading voice of the green baby movement, advises parents how to make healthy green choices for pregnancy, childbirth, and baby care—from feeding your baby the best food available to using medicines wisely.