- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
We go through a lot of pancake mix in our house. As much as I love making pancakes from scratch, the convenience of a good mix can be a time-challenged mom’s best friend. What could be better than a from-scratch-make-ahead-homemade-mix?
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 204mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 10g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
Nutritional Information (per serving)
6 cups white whole wheat flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
Whole wheat pancakes or waffles:
1 large egg, whisked
1 cup buttermilk**
1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
1 cup pancake mix (above)
- Make Ahead - 6 Batches of Pancakes or Waffles
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Whole Wheat Pancakes or Waffles - Serves 4
- Whisk the egg, buttermilk and oil in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the pancake mix until just combined.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer and serve.
*Mixture can also be used in a waffle iron following manufacturers directions.
**If you do not have buttermilk you can make it by adding 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. This mix also works beautifully with any type of milk you prefer!
Print or email this post: