- Makes: 12 pancakes (6 Servings)
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
A great, wholesome start to the day. Kids love to help mix these up.Dr. Greene suggests you use organic ingredients when possible, especially for dairy and egg products. We’ve partnered with Horizon® Dairy who provide wonderfulorganic milk, eggs, yogurt, and butter perfect for this recipe.
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. each: cornmeal, soy flour, wheat germ and oat bran
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
3/4 cup fat-free milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, grains, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, melted butter, yogurt and fat-free milk. Batter will be lumpy.
- Preheat a lightly oiled cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Pour on the batter, using about 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for one or two minutes per side, until firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with butter, fresh fruit and your favorite syrup.