- Makes: 8 Servings
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 20-22 mins
These Mini Macs are an innovative bite-sized version of everyone’s favorite comfort food. Enjoy!
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 9g
- Sodium: 517mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup whole milk
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup fontina cheese, grated
1 large egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F and adjust rack to middle position.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook macaroni until al dente. Drain.
- Butter a 12-cup muffin tin (or a mini 24 count muffin tin) and sprinkle a pinch of Parmesan cheese in each cup.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and continue to whisk for 2 minutes to cook flour.
- Slowly add milk while whisking to prevent clumping.
- Bring milk to a boil and then take off of the heat.
- Stir in cheddar and fontina cheese until cheese is melted.
- Whisk in egg yolk.
- Pour macaroni into cheese mixture and stir until macaroni is evenly coated with sauce.
- Spoon large tablespoons of the macaroni into the muffin cups.
- Bake mini macs for 8-10 minutes until golden. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Print or email this post: