- Makes: 24-30 Servings
- Ready In: 22 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
These are cookies you can feel good about. This makes a big batch so store some in the freezer for later.
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 108mg
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 7g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup maple syrup, brown rice syrup, agave nectar, or honey
1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
1 egg or egg replacer
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk or yogurt (dairy or nondairy)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil cookie sheet(s).
- Coarsely chop sunflower and sesame seeds in food processor, blender, or by hand.
- Place in large mixing bowl with flour, spice, salt, and baking soda and whisk together.
- In separate bowl, beat together oil, sweetener, molasses, egg, vanilla, and milk or yogurt.
- Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture.
- Stir until combined.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until bottoms are golden.
- Cool on wire rack.