- Makes: 4-5 Servings
- Ready In: 15 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Sometimes zucchini can be bitter but this method of salting it ahead of time helps draw out the bitterness. Grated, sautéed, and sprinkled with fresh lemon juice; this will be recipe that you will make for many years to come.
- Calories: 35
- Fat: 3g
- Sodium: mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 5 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 - 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shred zucchini on large holes of a box grater.
- Toss zucchini with 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt and pour into a colandar.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Lay a clean dish towel on the counter and pour zucchini on top.
- Fold towel over zucchini and wring out any excess moisture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until oil is shimmering, but not smoking.
- Add zucchini and spread out evenly in pan.
- Cook without stirring for about 2 minutes, or until bottom layer begins to brown.
- Add garlic and stir zucchini and then cook "new" layer until it browns, another 2 minutes.
- Take off heat and add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.