- Makes: 18 pancakes (6 Servings)
- Ready In: 14 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4-6 mins
Bananas, cottage cheese, and wheat germ turn ordinary pancakes into a nutrition-packed breakfast treat.
Dr. Greene suggests you use organic ingredients when possible, especially for dairy and egg products.
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 238mg
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 small overripe bananas
1 cup milk, any kind
1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 Tbsp. honey
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. wheat germ
butter for cooking
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the milk, cottage cheese, egg and honey and whisk to blend.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and wheat germ.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry all at once and mix gently just until incorporated; do not overbeat.
- Preheat a heavy cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Grease with butter, then pour on the batter, using about 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for one or two minutes per side, until firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Top them with your favorite yogurt and fresh fruit to make a complete meal.
- Serve warm with your choice of topping.
Print or email this post: