- Makes: 3 cups (16 Servings)
- Ready In: 5 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time:
Here is a recipe kids love to make and are surprised at how much they like the taste! It is a simple appetizer that they can take ownership of serving to guests upon arrival before a holiday meal.
- Spread is delicious smeared on hearts of romaine or whole grain crackers.
- Spread can be made up to 2 days ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Use organic ingredients when possible.
- For gluten free option, toast a slice of gluten free bread, cool and break into small breadcrumbs or use a rolling pin to crush up 1/3 cup gluten free crackers in a paper bag.
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 71mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
1-12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and patted dry with paper towel
1/4 cup coarse whole wheat bread crumbs
1 cup walnuts (4 ounces), toasted
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon red-wine or balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor in order.
- Puree until smooth.