- Makes: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 26 mins
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 6-8 mins
Recipe reprinted with permission from Feeding the Whole Family (third edition) by Cynthia Lair (Sasquatch Books, 2008).
Instead of salmon chunks, you can try chicken breast, beef, tempeh or tofu. Directions are for broiling but these are yummy grilled too. For fun use rosemary stems instead of wooden skewers.
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 22g
- Sodium: 794mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 10g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 6 wooden skewers
1- 1 ½ pounds salmon fillet
¼ cup thawed orange juice concentrate
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons tamari
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Yogurt Cucumber Dip
1 small or ½ large cucumber
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Soak skewers in water.
- Cut salmon into 1-inch strips.
- Take skin off of each strip and then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a small saucepan.
- Warm just enough to incorporate honey.
- Pour over salmon pieces. Let salmon marinate about an hour, turning occasionally.
- Peel, seed and grate cucumber. Place in a small bowl with salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and parsley, set aside.
- When salmon is well marinated, preheat oven to broil.
- Put 4 chunks on each skewer. Place in baking dish in oven.
- Broil about 3-4 minutes, turn skewers and broil another 3-4 minutes.
- Place the remaining marinade in a small sauce pan and reduce over low heat until thickened.
- Squeeze grated cucumber to discard excess water and blend into yogurt mix.
- Place some dip in a small bowl for each diner.
- Dress kabobs with reduced marinade and serve next to a small bowl of the yogurt dip.
FOR BABIES 10 MONTHS & OLDER: These kabobs are delicious served with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes. Smush some of the potatoes with a teaspoon of plain yogurt.
Print or email this post: