- Makes: 2-4 Servings
- Ready In: 15 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
These are nutritious and savory cakes. They are tasty hot or cold, and they can even be finger food.
Yield: 12 to 14 small pancakes, serving 2-4 for lunch, breakfast or a snack.
This recipe is gluten-free. To learn morn about what gluten-free means, read Dr. Greene’s article here.
- Calories: 403
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 13g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Fiber: 3g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 cups cold leftover cooked brown rice
2 large eggs
2 to 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan, or other cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1/8 teaspoon pepper, or more to taste
Oil or vegetable cooking spray for pan
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, combine rice, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper until all the ingredients are evenly moistened with the egg.
- Coat a skillet with a bit of oil or spray with cooking spray; heat until hot over medium heat.
- Drop the batter into pan by tablespoonfuls, making pancakes about 3 inches in diameter, and smoothing them out with the back of the spoon if needed.
- Cook until golden brown and crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm or cold.
Print or email this post: