- Makes: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 30 mins
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Original recipe by Cynthia Lair for Cookus Interruptus. Copyright @ 2009.
Cabbage is amazing. Fifteen calories per cup. Read about how it prevents cancer and heals wounds. No kidding.
- Calories: 376
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 12g
- Sodium: 1351mg
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 27g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
1/3 cup raw almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
½ head napa cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced (~ 4 cups)
2 scallions, chopped fine
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon tamari
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
- To toast almonds, place whole almonds in a baking pan and toast in a 300-325 degree F. oven for 10-15 minutes, until the color begins to darken and they give off a rich nutty aroma. Use our Tamari Roasted Nuts if you would like to add another layer of flavor to this salad.
- Combine lime juice, vinegar, tamari, sugar, oils and salt in a salad bowl.
- Whisk to incorporate. Two of our other videos make this recipe even easier.
- Prepare vegetables and chop almonds.
- Put in bowl and toss gently until mixed with dressing.
- Taste for salt and adjust if necessary.